|I found this in a Twitter feed from Triumph - I say "Who needs a direction? I just need a bike and a clear sky to steer her by".|
No I don't have a Triumph motorcycle currently, yes I have ridden a few including the Rocket 3 (the first year that it came out - I still have the t-shirt and was the first girl to take it out around here - all I can say is Vruuuooooom baby!)
So, let's talk a bit about winterizing and maintaining your bike (for us poor saps who can't ride year round).
The following article is from the "Triumph Detroit Newsletter" I received 11/13/14. I did not write it and could find no way to link you to it. I highly recommend that you register for the newsletter at their website - it is always worth a look.
So, I'm guessing, from the picture that Rob, the Tech, wrote this up and he did a great job! Pretty much everything my dad has always mentioned as I've grown up. I put the article as Rob wrote it in blue - I'll make any of my comments in the standard, boring black. :D
Tech Talk: Winterizing your Motorcycle
Ok, the next bit of good stuff came from the Triumph Detroit Facebook Page (posted Nov 7, 2014):
Bike dirty?When in a pinch, RideApart swears by the following six household cleaners:
- Pledge: Packed with corrosion inhibitors and protective dust film, Pledge “is probably the most versatile paint cleaner, polisher, chrome cleaner, dusting agent known to mankind.”
- Simple Green: Non-toxic, biodegradable, and environmentally friendly, Simple Green can cut through road grime, chain grease, and bug guts, “yet safe enough to clean wind screen.”
- Pine-Sol: Pine-Sol removes residue, grease, and wax buildup from bike engine parts, aluminum, and steel — while leaving that “fresh pine scent”.
- Easy-Off: Designed to eliminate messes from the hottest places, Easy-Off effectively removes polish, grease, and microfiber cloth residue.
- Brasso: Use Brasso to clean and polish your bike’s exhaust, chrome, and aluminum.
- Wet Ones: These pre-moistened wipes can tackle stubborn bugs, road tar, bird deposits, and greasy hands during cleanup.
I know about Brasso and I am a Baby Butt wipes fan- for many reasons.... but the rest were new and worth knowing! Thank-you nameless Triumph of Detroit posting person.... You are loved.